Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Apology

I need to make an apology to all of my readers. In my most recent post I made a couple vague solutions or outlooks for the future of the U.S. One of those, regarding farming, was probably, at best, worded incorrectly, but was more wrong than anything. More specifically regarding how farming will entail smaller family owned operations. The point I would really like to get across is how the suberbs will not be a feasible idea in the future with the geopolitical situation that is emminent. People will move to the cities and we will see a resurgance of our small rural towns. Farming will be come a key component in the future economy of this nation. Excuse me for the incorrection and I appreciate the reader who informed me of the falicy in which I wrote. I also would like to greatly incourage comments and/or questions regarding what I write about. So once again, sorry about the mess up.

1 comment:

Aaron aka "Murky Waters" said...

Thanks for the clarification. However, I am still confused by your viewpoint. You use the statement, "People will move to the cities and we will see a resurgance of our small rural towns." This is a strange comment at best. What are you suggesting...That our society will demolish all of the growth in the suburbs (which continue to expand everyday)...tear down their houses...burn them to the ground...pack up their belongings...and in doing so, leave room for a 'resurgance of small, rural' farming communities??!?!? You are suggesting an end to a force that seems indestructable...urban sprawl. The development of land and communities has a HUGE impact on the economy of cities, states, and the nation. If you are going to predict an end to suburbs, and their ongoing sprawl...I am going to go ahead and predict the exact OPPOSITE. In fact, I forsee a day where some soul will be able to jump accross buildings all the way from Brooklyn Park to Monticello following the path of I-94. The growth of these areas has been explosive. Yes, I sometimes question the sustainability of so much commerce, but it's hard to deny the trend. In short, I feel that you apologized for your vague outlooks with yet another vague outlook. "People will move to the cities and we will see a resurgance of our small rural towns." Where are these people going to live in the Twin Cities? 20 people to a 2 bedroom apartment? I just don't get it.